Hatsize Product Features
Hatsize is a full featured, cloud-based training lab platform for technology companies and training organizations looking to offer revenue generating technical product training delivered as a cloud service. Since 2000, Hatsize has continually delivered advanced functionality to meet the most rigorous global software and hardware training demands, while also remaining easy to administer and use. Here is a list of some of the key features.
Instructor and Student Web Client
- Remotely access training lab systems from a one-click interface
- Java-based Web client means no installation required
- OS and browser agnostic—runs on Windows, Mac, Linux OSs and Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome browsers
- Collaboration tools let instructors view students’ systems and, if needed, take control of a student’s lab system to demonstrate how to perform a task
- System checker verifies that your desktop will be able to run the Java-based Web client and access remote lab machines through your local firewall
- SSL communication between your desktop and the remote lab machines ensures that your session is encrypted and that you don’t need to open any special ports on your firewall
Our extensive API makes it easy to integrate the Hatsize cloud-based training lab system with your learning management system (LMS), education portal, user authentication directory, or other components of your learning solution. API functions include:
- User management
- Authentication (for single sign-on)
Complex Lab Configurations
The Hatsize cloud-based training lab platform supports a broad range of operating systems, virtual and physical devices, and complex network configurations to enable you to build learning environments that closely model how people use your technology in production environments. Supported systems include:
- Network devices, such as routers and switches
- Storage devices, such as SANs and virtual tape libraries
- Physical servers, such as x86 and SPARC
- Appliances, such as security devices
- For live classes: Makes it easy to enroll students, reserve the lab resources needed for an entire class, automatically configure all lab systems before the class starts, and assign each lab environment to the appropriate student.
- For self-paced sessions: Gives students the ability to schedule their own lab session or start a session on-demand.
- Administrators have the option of setting each student’s lab environment to be saved after every session. When the student launches their next session, they will start where they left off at the end of the previous session.
- Control which functions are available to your users based on their roles, including participants, schedulers, managers, and administrators.
- The Hatsize portal provides a business intelligence engine that keeps track of who accessed which labs at what time and for how long, information that is extremely valuable for capacity planning and for measuring the success of your learning programs.
Distributed Data Center Support
With the high growth rate of education in international markets, companies need to ensure that all of their customers are well served, regardless of their location. In order to give all students fast response times from their online labs, Hatsize supports a distributed network of worldwide data centers. This includes customer data centers, when required.
Your Hatsize environment is easily “skinnable” to show your organization’s own branding.